Binfo – A Smartphone App for the Improved Management of Recycling & Waste Collections.
ISL now owns, sells and supports “Binfo” – the UK’s leading smartphone app for use by members of the public to manage their waste & recycling collections as well as report on local environmental issues.
Making it easier for residents to manage their waste & recycling collections leads to improved participation rates, as well as reducing the number of calls to the contact centre.
With Binfo local authorities can:
- Notify residents of changes to collection days.
- Send reminders of paid-for collections (bulky, garden, clinical, etc.).
- Engage directly with residents when introducing new services, such as food waste collection.
- Notify residents if there is a delay to the service.
- Inform residents of recycling targets met.
Set alerts to remember when to put the bin out (and which one)
Review what items go into which bin
View a collection calendar
Binfo is integrated with local authority systems to ensure each resident receives the correct data regarding their service.
Binfo is available on two platforms – Android and iOS – ensuring maximum deployment and inclusivity for all residents and can be easily branded with any corporate identity.
Binfo is just one in a range of web, smartphone & tablet apps available from ISL.